Meeting schedule: Monthly Sunday mornings; quarterly longer meetings
Chair: Ken Fuhr
Vestry Liaison: Elizabeth Roberts
Mission We are called by God
• to create an environment that will motivate, enhance, engage, involve, and excite the children, youth and young adults of our community
• teach and exemplify Christian faith and values in a playful and caring manner
• to advocate for and with children, youth and young adults within a multigenerational community
Accomplishments for 2011
- Nursery (0-2 years) Our care-givers continued to provide a wonderfully safe environment. We have added a pager system.
- Sunday School (Pre-K-6th Grade) A robust program teaching young children Children’s Chapel and all children the Sunday readings using Spark Sunday School material.
- Rite 13 (7th and 8th Grades) This group has grown throughout the year, and is filled with joy, laughter and learning. We celebrated the turning 13 of four young people.
- J2A (9th and 10th Grades) This year the Urban Adventure, Auction, Confirmation Class, Cleanup Day, and many other activities kept our J2A youth involved and engaged in parish life. They have also continued to see their Christian community strengthen through their time together.
- YAC (11th – 12th Grades) The 5th annual mission trip was to St. Paul, VA. It was well attended and a wonderful week, and everyone got home safely. Our Mardi Gras Pancake Supper fund raiser was well attended and raised $800 for the mission trip.
- RAMS (Responsible Adults in Ministry) Two mission trips, a summer weekly Bible study, and yummy potlucks mean we stay connected even though we are in different places.
- Youth Sunday A worship event taking advantage of all the gifts of our youth! We had 3 senior preachers and wonderful music.
- Vacation Bible School enjoyed a journey to Nazareth, where we met Joseph, Jesus’ father.
- Christmas Play “The Best Christmas Present Ever” was presented to a record number of people (I am hoping!).
Goals for 2012 include continuing to provide for our children’s spiritual development, archiving our youth documents online, and focusing curriculum and developing benchmarks for different grades.
Young Adult, Children & Youth Ministry (YACYM)
St. Stephen's YACYM
you are welcome here
“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me.”